LATAM Airlines and Delta Air Lines are boosting global connectivity between South America and the United States with the addition of four new routes for this winter boreal season, as part of their strategic Joint Venture (JV) agreement.
“The mission of the commercial agreement between Delta and LATAM Group is to make travel between certain countries in North and South America easier and more enjoyable, bringing the continents closer together than ever before“, said Alex Antilla, Delta’s vice president for Latin America.
New LATAM Airlines routes
Flight schedule between Medellin and Miami
Starts on October 29, 2023.
- Medellín – Miami Flight LA 4408 MDE 12:30 – MIA 15:55 daily flights.
- Miami – Medellín Flight LA 4409 MIA 18:30 – MDE 21:55 daily flights.
On the other hand, LATAM Airlines Peru adds a new destination to the United States to Atlanta, the main hub of Delta Air Lines. This service will operate from Lima on Boeing 767-300ER aircraft equipped with Premium Business, LATAM+ and Main Cabin cabins.
Flight schedule between Lima and Atlanta
Starts on October 29, 2023.
- Lima – Atlanta Flight LA 2482 LIM 12:00 – ATL 19:00 Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.https://4ccd2029aa56aac8f236f39969ec6646.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-40/html/container.html
- Atlanta – Lima Flight LA 2383 ATL 22:45 – LIM 05:40+1 Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
This route will complement Delta’s daily flights between Lima and Atlanta operated on Airbus A350-900s.
“We are very pleased with the new route between Miami and Medellin announced by LATAM Airlines Colombia, one of Colombia’s main financial, industrial and commercial centers. We will continue to work hard to elevate the passenger experience with internationally acclaimed service and a strong emphasis on sustainability to the skies of the Americas and the world“, comments Martin St. George, LATAM Airlines Group Commercial Vice President.
Delta’s growth in Colombia
Delta previously made a request to the Aeronáutica Civil to expand its operations in Colombia, and it wish was finally granted: the airline is adding a second daily flight on the Atlanta – Bogota route operated on Boeing 757-200 aircraft with First Class, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin cabins.
Atlanta – Bogota flight schedule
- Atlanta – Bogota Flight DL 981 ATL 15:00 – BOG 19:45 daily flights.https://4ccd2029aa56aac8f236f39969ec6646.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-40/html/container.html
- Bogota – Atlanta Flight DL 980 BOG 09:00 – ATL 14:35 daily flights.
Second daily flight starting October 28.
- Atlanta – Bogotá Flight DL 589 ATL 09:45 – BOG 14:30 daily flights.https://4ccd2029aa56aac8f236f39969ec6646.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-40/html/container.html
- Bogota – Atlanta Flight DL 590 BOG 16:00 – ATL 21:00 daily flights.
In addition, the airline will resume service to Cartagena after more than three years and will be Delta’s second destination in Colombia. Flights will be operated in Boeing 737 aircraft with First Class, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin service.
Flight schedule between Atlanta and Cartagena
- Atlanta – Cartagena Flight DL 1851 ATL 09:50 – CTG 13:55 Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Cartagena – Atlanta Flight DL 1852 CTG 15:20 – ATL 19:35 Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Growth between North and South America
The strategic JV agreement between LATAM Group and Delta provides one of the largest networks with the best connectivity in the industry, linking the more than 120 South American destinations operated by LATAM Airlines with the more than 200 North American destinations served by Delta.
The partnership between the two airlines began in October 2022 and since then they have increased capacity by 75% and doubled their operations in both regions. In addition, other new routes were announced such as: Bogota – Orlando (starts July 1), Sao Paulo – Los Angeles (starts August 1) and New York – Sao Paulo (resumes December 16).
LATAM Airlines and Delta have also increased capacity on several routes with the addition of larger aircraft on several destinations in the United States and South America such as Lima, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Bogota, Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta and Miami.